Your shopping cart is empty
Visit the shop
Shop by Category
- Black Diamond
Payments with PayPal™ — Fast, Easy & Secure
Transactions are processed by PayPal, so your credit card information is safe and never stored. Download links will be available after payment. Instructions for your order will also be sent to you by E-mail automatically after payment.
22 Designs – AXL
Skis like a Hammerhead, but with an easy to deploy Free-Pivot mode for touring. The Axl is the only Free-Pivot binding with the famous Hammerhead adjustable pivot points for skiing down with the amount of tip pressure that works best for you!
The binding skis like the HammerHead, but with an easy to deploy free-pivot mode for touring. And it's the only touring binding with the HammerHead's famous adjustable pivot points for skiing down. This allows the binding to be tuned to the skiers' size, boot size, and skiing preference, rather than a '«one pivot fits all' approach. We like this because not everyone skis the same and it's nice to fine-tune the tip pressure(more active or more neutral).
It comes with the easy to use HammerHeel climber, and is made of stainless steel and polycarbonate plastic, with our fail-proof military spec aircraft cables. It also uses the HammerHead's proven six hole mounting pattern, and large wings for maximum control.
Availability & Specifications:
- The first free-pivot binding with three cable guide positions. Optimize your bindings for your skiing style and snow conditions.
- Super durable: 2000 lb test cable attachments won't break, toepiece forces transmitted steel-to-steel.
- Over 2" of spring travel for smooth action and durability.
- The spring-loaded HammerHeel is the easiest to use climber available; Flip it up or down with your ski pole. Climbing bails available in 3 sizes, standard bail included.
- Cables routed underfoot for maximum control; plastic boots flex at the bellows instead of tip-toeing.
- Ultra-secure mounting pattern.
- Riser height: 1.1" or 28mm at rear, with a 2 degree ramp.
- Pivot location: directly under pin-line.
- Weight: 3.9 lbs per large pair, 3.7 lbs for small.
- Size Small for Mondo 25 and under, Large for 25.5 and up.
- 2 Year Warranty.
Made in the USA.
We offer free mounting of any binding we carry when you purchase a ski-binding combination; however, we must have your boot sole length to mount Alpine Touring bindings, and either boot sole length or mondo size and model for telemark binding mounts. The information should be inserted by the buyer in the "notes" field in the checkout cart. If you are unsure of your boot specifications, please call us at 603-533-5589.